Friday, January 21, 2011

Dear Grant (7 Months),

Dear Grant,

You are now seven months old. Closer to your one year birthday than to your actual birth day. Since you're our last baby I try to enjoy every moment with you, but time still goes way too fast and you're still getting too big. I saw a picture of a newborn the other day and already felt like that baby was so tiny and you're so big, it was just months ago that was you. You're growing...at your 6 month appointment you were 17 pounds 5 ounces and 26 3/4 inches long. You're just a bit bigger than Jenna was at that age. You seem much more solid and chunky than she was, Daddy hopes it's because you are going to be a football player! You're so cuddly and cute with the softest skin and hair. I love when you fall asleep on me and we can just snuggle.


This picture cracks me up. Notice the soaking wet shirt full of spit up and drool, and the two different socks...Typical day in our house.

Just yesterday your first tooth poked through. You can't see it very well yet, but can defiantly feel it. You love eating food and show interest in big people food. Your sister, who loves you more than anything, teases you about her snacks. "Grant - you can't have this poptart...only big kids can. Maybe when you get some teeth." You are so loved by Jenna, she is very protective of you and would do anything for you.

You're not too excited about this birthday hat!

You're sleeping through the night, laughing, sitting and playing on your own, trying to crawl and climb, and you love noisy toys. You like books, especially when Jenna reads them to you. You really like to pull my hair and you're very strong. You love bath time and splashing and kicking your legs.


My sweetie...does it get any cuter than this?!

I love you so much and you complete our family. In the words of Taylor Swift's song...
Your little hand's wrapped around my finger
and it's so quiet in the world tonight.
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light.
To you every thing's funny, you got nothing to regret.
I'd give all I have, honey, if you could stay like that.
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up.
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little.
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple.
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you,
Just try to never grow up.
Love always and forever,
Your Mom

No comments: