Monday, March 30, 2009

The Big Purchase!

Well, this is it...the BIG new addition to our yard (which needs a lot of work and looks extra awful at the end of winter). We have been wanting to buy Jenna a nice wooden swing set for a year now, and she finally has one!

When she first saw it out the window she said, "Oh my gosh, I love it, a park!" It was almost worth all the money to hear her cute little voice say that!



Every now and then Erik and I get a little mad sad that this wonderful swing set cost us what a wonderful, relaxing, sunny, warm vacation would have cost us; but we can deal with making sacrifices for Jenna!



She already loves it and I can't wait until it's nice enough that we don't have to bundle her up to go out and play!



6 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm sure it will be a big hit!

Whitney said...

I'd play on it! I LOVE playgrounds. And what wonderful parents you are that you brought sweet Jenna her very own!

I'm expecting lots of fun pictures of the three of you playing around on lovely sunny days!

That Girl said...

It does look like so much fun! Trust me, wood playsets are worth it! My mom bought Madison the metal kind and that thing has feel apart and is rusting. I really wish we got wood. Feel better now? :)

Jaime & Jamee said...

We bought a wooden playset for the kids the summer after we moved in to our new house (appx 4 years ago) and it has held up spectacularly! The kids love it and use it nearly every day during the summer. I promise it's a great investment!!!

Ronnica said...

Fun! My brother and I loved our swingset that we got to "help" build!

Bethany said...

That swing set looks like so much fun! I'm sure Jenna will love it :)