Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Trip to the ER!



UGH! Last night was so sad! We knew sooner or later this would happen to our hyper, crazy, clumsy little girl, but we had our first trip to the ER last night!

Jenna burnt her hand on the glass cover/door of a gas fireplace! It was so sad and so hard to watch as a parent! Erik said he wished his foot was cut off instead of her being hurt. She screamed and screamed! We took her to CMCH and the staff there were great! THANK YOU! They rushed her right back without us even checking in of filling out any paperwork and treated her wonderfully. They immediately put her hand in some soapy type water stuff and she calmed down a little bit, then gave her a double dose of Tylenol and Motrin. She got "special lotion" on her hand followed by a "pretty glove" and then a Popsicle.

To make things even worse, she also has pink eye in both eyes! She is at home healing today and being indited with Tylenol, Motrin and eyes drops! This morning we had to take the dressing off and put more "special lotion" on it and re-dress it. This lotion is SO special that if exposed to sunlight it will discolor your skin, so we have to be very careful with her and only have it on her when she is totally bandaged up. My poor little girl!

At least we've made it through our first trip to the ER!

6 comments:

Sadiebug and her Mom said...

Sending big, big hugs to your little girl! Saw you on the Saucy site. Our trip to the ER was because our toddler swallowed a calculator battery. She didn't even realize she did anything. But to watch your little one get hurt...oh... that's awful. Sending you a big hug too!

Lyndsay said...

Jodi, I am so sorry! I know how scary and sad those situations are. On a positive note, at least you made it to almost 2 before you made your first ER trip. Since Kate and Jenna share a similar sense of adventure ... things like that are bound to happen.

Jen said...

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the comment! I am excited you plan on sticking around!! I look forward to reading your blog and getting to know you better!!

Sorry to hear about your little one's owie!! I hope she is doing better and her hand heals quickly!!

Jen

Kristyn said...

My poor birthday buddy!
I hope she's feeling a little better. Give her a big hug for me!
Kristyn

Michelle said...

Big hugs to Jenna. My middle daughter was like that.. Chipped teeth, broken bones etc... Its scary and it broke my heart each time something happened but I eventually got through it.. Hugs to you, too!

suzi said...

Oh my how scary but sure looks like she'll be just fine. She's adorable!! stopping by from SITS...