Monday, December 8, 2008
Our Trip to the ER!
UGH! Last night was so sad! We knew sooner or later this would happen to our hyper, crazy, clumsy little girl, but we had our first trip to the ER last night!
Jenna burnt her hand on the glass cover/door of a gas fireplace! It was so sad and so hard to watch as a parent! Erik said he wished his foot was cut off instead of her being hurt. She screamed and screamed! We took her to CMCH and the staff there were great! THANK YOU! They rushed her right back without us even checking in of filling out any paperwork and treated her wonderfully. They immediately put her hand in some soapy type water stuff and she calmed down a little bit, then gave her a double dose of Tylenol and Motrin. She got "special lotion" on her hand followed by a "pretty glove" and then a Popsicle.
To make things even worse, she also has pink eye in both eyes! She is at home healing today and being indited with Tylenol, Motrin and eyes drops! This morning we had to take the dressing off and put more "special lotion" on it and re-dress it. This lotion is SO special that if exposed to sunlight it will discolor your skin, so we have to be very careful with her and only have it on her when she is totally bandaged up. My poor little girl!
At least we've made it through our first trip to the ER!