Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Good, the bad, and the ugly!



With my due date fast approcahing, only 63 days away, I thought I'd do a pregnancy post. Please understand that I'm so grateful to be pregnant, after one year of trying and a miscarriage, but it doesn't mean things are easy.

This pregnancy is SO different than my one with Jenna. I am trying to enjoy it, and am fully aware this could be my last pregnancy, but sometimes it's so hard.


The Good
In 63 days or less I will be holding my little baby boy!

I can't wait to see Jenna be a big sister, I know she will do great (or at least I hope!)

I don't have to suck in my stomach while pregnant

Feeling life inside of me! Even though sometimes he hurts me, I love feeling him move all around

Erik and I are so excited to add to our family!

Having a valid reason to get regular pedicures, I can't reach my toes and Erik doesn't want to paint them...so, salon - here I come!


The Bad
Um...aching and hurting hips and pelvic bones, seriously, I can feel them spreading and moving!

Heartburn and reflux so bad it leaves me throwing up at night.

Rolling out of bed and trying to get off the couch like I'm a hippo, nothing is easy.

Colds and headaches and not being able to take anything stronger than a sweetart (tylenol does nothing for me.)

Back aches

Bending over literally takes my breath away, I can hardly put on socks or shoes

This symptom doesn't bother me, but I snore at night now and keep Erik awake. (Hey - it that's the sacrifice he has to make while I'm making a person, he can deal with it!)

Awful morning (yeah right, I wish) sickness my first three months.

Getting up 3-6 times a night to go to the bathroom, seriously, how is it possible to really have to pee every 15 minutes?


The Ugly
Swollen ankles and fingers

Leaking boobs - love it!

Stretch marks - need I say more?

4 comments:

Lauren said...

We haven't seen any baby bump pictures :( you are overdue! Your pregnancy has gone by soooo fast!!

Together We Save said...

Good luck... I was there 3 times and pregancy is rough, an amazing miracle but rough.

Amy said...

I am so happy for you and loved the stories you shared. Can you e-mail me? I wish you the best last 63 days.. Have a great day..

Jen said...

Holy cow...only 63 more days to go. That went by fast, yeah easy for me to say!

I can't wait to see pictures of your new little guy.

I hope you have an "easy" 63 days left to go.

Hey are you going to Kendra's graduation party in June. I'd love to see you there. Who knows, maybe you can even meet my boyfriend.