Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dear Jenna

Dear Jenna,

You are 3 years old, almost 41 months old. Sometimes I can't believe you are already 3 and then at other times I forget you are only 3. You truly make our lives interesting, fun, special, and busy. The things you do and say make me laugh and leave me in awe of where you get this stuff from.

You are still a major drama queen and girly girl. If you can wear a dress in the morning we are good. If you put on your jewelery or play dress up, you are always a princess and I'm the queen. And you are always going to the ball. I hope all your fairy tales come true for you.

You are the social butterfly of your daycare class and are always looking for ways to get together with your friends. You like going out to eat and most of the time are pretty well behaved. It's so fun to watch you and a friend have a conversation, like two little adults. You're best friends until one of you wants something the other one has, then it's on!

Sometimes you can be so sweet, it almost makes me want to cry. Since Mothers Day you've been saying Happy Mothers Day to me every morning. It's so sweet, even when I tell you it's over. You always want to cuddle with me on the couch and I love that, I know it won't last forever. As you say, you're our "little love bug."

But there is not too much of a good thing, you have the attitude of a tween! You huff and sigh and throw yourself to the floor. You will go running to your room in tears and slam the door. You will yell, "NO FAIR" and "I TOLD YOU (fill in the blank!" You want to do everything "ALL. BY. MY. SELF!" If I'm in the right mood, it's really quite comedic, but can also be very frustrating. Which is also funny, because you use that word a lot, things "irritate you", "frustrate you", leave you "angry." Last night you said to me, "I've told you plenty of times!" I guess I must say that to you. You can be quite bossy when you want to be too.

But, it's all you, and you're so smart, confident, and sure of what you want. I hope these characteristics stay with you through life. I am so proud and happy to be your Mom! Love you THIS much, always and forever!

Your Mommy

1 comment:

Lauren said...

She is just a doll! Getting so big!!!