Thursday, April 29, 2010

Twinkle Toes...or Maybe Not

Jenna has been in a dance class called Jazznastics now since January. It is only her and two other girls. In the beginning she loved it, she loved getting to wear her dance outfit, she loved dancing, music, the whole thing. Her teacher even told us for a 3 year old she can "really hear the music" and dances to the beat and listens to it instead of just doing whatever. It was so much fun to watch her.

Now fast forward to three weeks ago, all of the sudden she hates it! We've taken her anyway the last two weeks and she's done okay part of the class, and then breaks down in tears. I don't know what it is. She just says she doesn't like dance class anymore and doesn't want to go.

Of course she tells me this AFTER I pay an additional $80 for her recital fee and costume!

So, today at 5:30 is dance class, I asked her this morning which dance outfit she wanted to wear and she started crying right away. She cried the whole way to school about not wanting to go.

What do I do? I'd rather have her not just quit with the recital coming up May 22, but I also don't want to make her do something she hates. It's supposed to be fun and enjoyable. Plus, believe me when I say, I don't need one more reason for her to throw a tantrum!


I know, how can this cute little face throw such tantrums?!?!

No comments: