Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Why? Cause why? But why?

We are at the "why?" stage! I knew it was coming sooner or later, and it's here now! Jenna is busting out the "why?" card all the time now. It's usually right before bed when the conversation goes something like this:

Me: Jenna, time to go to bed.

J: why?

Me: because it's night time and we're tired.

J: I want to sleep in your bed with you, there are monsters in my room!

Me: No honey, there is nothing scary in your room! Your bed is perfect just for you!

J: Why?

Me: because it is just your size and nice and cozy.

J: Cause why?

Me: Honey it's just time to go to sleep, I'll lay with you for a minute.

J: Ok, but I have something very important to say!

Me: what?

J: Why can't I sleep in your bed?

Me: This bed is just for you, it's in your room and time to go to sleep!

J: You're not listening to my words!

This conversation goes on and on with a few changes now and then, sometimes she's scared of something in her room, sometimes she needs a drink...but the "whys" are always there. She is a smart girl and I think she knows these conversations will extend my time in her room! Gotta love her!

2 comments:

Jen said...

She's one smart Cookie!! I love the "Your not listening to my words!" So cute!!

Jen said...

This cracked me up! I laughed out loud when she said, you weren't listening to her words.