Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Art of Compromise and Compassion

We have started doing time-outs with Jenna. She has learned quickly if she doesn't pick up her toys, or throws something, or any other bad action, she will be put in time-out for two minutes, since that is how old she is. She cries for real, does her fake cry and repeats the words "two minutes" until she is done.

Well...the two minutes has come over into other parts of out life. Now when we say it's time for bed, she comes back with "two minutes." When we say it's time to turn off cartoons, she says "two minutes". How she has figured this out, I don't know, but it is pretty funny.

Tonight we were building a tall tower with Jenna's blocks and she knocked it over and laughed. I pretended to cry and she came over to me, tried to get me to look at her and said,

"Mama, don't cry, don't be sad. Be happy!"

It was the CUTEST thing!

Jenna - I love you so much!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Too cute!!!! haha :o) Hope you had a GREAT day!!!!

Lyndsay said...

Ah, I remember when Kate used to do that all of the time. Now she thinks it is funny when I am sad ... :)

That Girl said...

what a little smartie pants! too cute!

Jen said...

Cute!! She sounds like a smart little girl!

Hey, don't worry about the email. I too have been kind of busy. I'm leaving next week for Ohio for 10 days, so maybe once I get back we can go for lunch!

Talk to you soon

Tara Bennett said...

Just when we think we're teaching our children, they go and teach us even more. I love it! What a cute post. =)